Introducing the Service Desk Renewal Program
As part of our continual service improvement efforts, we have begun a comprehensive GlobalNOC Service Desk review, which we are calling the Service Desk Renewal Program (SDRP).
We encourage you to read on to learn more about our goals and expectations as we embark on this important project.
The Service Desk Renewal Program will drive the modernization of our service desk support, setting the framework for continual service improvement as networks and technologies evolve.
The SDRP will rely on the following guiding principles to drive our modernization efforts, including improvements in existing practices:
- Advanced operations: Build process automation to allow service desk staff to focus on high-value work that benefits from human engagement. Accelerate the speed and accuracy of our services by automating repetitive, consistent tasks that do not require human review. Guided operations will provide a framework for easily identifying required actions reducing the reliance on tacit knowledge of expected actions.
- Event correlation: Provide support for identifying the interconnectedness of events in real time, including a high level understanding how tools, service checks, and assets relate as well as the related impacts between GlobalNOC supported networks.
- Human engagement: Maintain a highly available, 24/7/365 service desk focused on delivering valuable human engagement.
- Professional development: Collaborate with subject matter experts and process owners to provide regular, continuous training on best practices and emerging technologies. A robust employee development program provides the necessary support, experience, and opportunities for staff looking to grow in their current role or in their career. This involves recognizing and rewarding staff performance.
- Scalability and growth: Quickly adjust to changes in the networks we support while minimizing the burden on existing operations. Standard service building blocks provide a framework for creating customized operations that grow with our clients as they evolve.
- Self-service and enhanced communications: Provide an environment where it is easy for the clients of our supported networks to consume our services anywhere, anytime with as little friction as possible.
- Unified support: Seamlessly integrated operations between the service desk and other GlobalNOC support teams to allow for a fluid exchange of information and regular communications to our supported networks.
While the SDRP focuses on improvements within the service desk, our modernization efforts should include overall GlobalNOC improvements where appropriate and look towards staff, leadership, and community feedback to continuously improve our operations.
We welcome your questions or feedback about the SDRP. Please contact Corey Donovan, GlobalNOC director of service operational excellence.